January 18, 2005

Poor fool, he makes me laug-ack!

To one and all (or just Steph, since she was the one who commented on my blog) I have just returned home after a tiring and long day. Today was a long day at school, given that auditions were at 6 pm, and I really didn't feel like teaching so much as I felt like working on my song for auditions! Icky. At 2:00, I was able to practice with Ann, so I could at least hear my accompaniment prior to auditions--novel idea, don't you think? Anyway, it worked, and she agreed to play for me at the audition. From 3:30 until 5:30ish, I was the scorekeeper at the basketball game for both the guys and girls against Bethelehem Lutheran. Our girls lost 25-12. Our boys won 39-31. Go us!

There were so many more people there than last time, which I expected, but less than I was expecting. Hmm . . . Anyway, I had a good time catching up with various people I met last time! It was lovely. We all had to do a dance, or movement audition while there. Huh. Ours was so easy. Naturally, I didn't do the dance, seeing as the last time I took dance, I was 9. Been awhile.

Overall, there weren't many females who impressed me with their singing, and I was the 55th person to go! Ann played brilliantly for me. I sang, and cracked a bit on the highest note--which I'd nailed several times today! Not an ideal time to crack in your singing! I did get a great amount of applause (friends are wonderful, aren't they?). Dom came up to me after and said, "Okay, I need to know the name of that song and what it's from!" Yeah!!!! I don't really know Domenic that well, but he seems pretty nice.

So, I sat there, feeling awful. Chris sat next to me, and kept trying to tell me that I'd done okay. Good friend. Anyway, Stephanie Dixon was the one running audition sheets and callback sheets. I got called back for Luisa in The Fantasticks tomorrow evening, and for the parts of Belle and Babette (the feather duster who's flirty) in Beauty and the Beast Thursday night! YEAH! I don't know The Fantasticks at all, so Chris loaned me his CD of it. At least I'll be a little ready for those callbacks! :)

The title comes from the song "Poor Fool, He Makes Me Laugh" from Phantom of the Opera. It is the part where the Phantom makes Carlotta choke up while singing in the opera. I figured that it was appropriate for my sad, sad audition. Most everything else, I was pleased with, but certainly not that!

3 comments:

Devon said...

Hey Lynette, my sisters found your Wicked cd in their room the other day (in case you were missing it:)
So I'll put in the mail for you soon.

Anonymous said...

Well, cracked voice or not, they loved you well enough to call you back. Yippee! You get a second chance to impress them with the call back audition. Hooray for you! I'm sure you'll do great. And I can TOTALLY see you as the flirty feather duster. That red hair. It's perfect :)

Good luck!

--Steph

Anonymous said...

Yay for callbacks! You'll do great. :) So what if I've only seen you in Brigadoon... you stole the show!

:-)Kelly